|Behemoth’s Dominion||80||1||A, T(S)
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawn Conditions: Spawned by trading a Beastly Shank to the ??? at E-7.
- Behemoth rages after 30 minutes.
- Behemoth can be slept but is highly resistant; Corsair‘s Light Shot can sleep Behemoth.
- Can be defeated by 4 level 75’s: a DD, a WHM, a tank, and a support job. (see testimonials)
- Does not have an enhanced movement speed.
- Possible boss of the 20th and 40th floors. One random Nyzul Isle weapon always drops.
In Biblical legend, the Behemoth was a giant land creature. It is described as the most powerful land animal, a primal beast which cannot be defeated by humans (because it can only be killed by its creator, Yahweh) in the Book of Job in the Old Testament. It is implied to be a mammal and herbivore from its description. It was the counterpart to the Leviathan. In Judaic legend, the Behemoth (having the horns and the strength) and the Leviathan (having the fins and the power) will fight, but both be slain by Yahweh, who will distribute their meat as food along with meat from the Ziz (a gigantic bird) (Behemoth is said to represent the land, Leviathan the sea, and Ziz the air). The Apocryphal Book of Enoch states Behemoth dwells in the Dundayin Desert, east of the Garden of Eden. The word behemoth has entered the English language as anything extremely large or powerful. Behemoth is Hebrew for “animals”. It is believed the Arabic Bahamut is a translation of Behemoth (though oddly enough, Bahamut is a giant fish and the animal atop him, Kujata, is a giant bull).